Fighting with Faith

Ever heard that the Devil will attack you most when you are following God's plan?  If not, now you have.  And I personally believe it's true.  I followed what God was telling me and moved to Houston even though it was not a decision I wanted to make.  Although, I am grateful for the time I had with my grandmother before she passed away, it seems like everything else in my life has fallen apart.

I know as Christians we aren't supposed to be angry with God, but I have to admit part of me is.  I know the Devil is the one attacking me.  He's making all these unpleasant things happen around me for the purpose of me getting mad and distancing myself from God.  But I'm stronger than that and I will not let him win.  I guess the part that makes me upset is that I also know God is more powerful and he can change my circumstances if He wanted to.  Instead, He's giving me a longer lesson than I personally want.  And just when I think I'm at my lowest, the Devil piles more on there. 

I'm very blessed to have amazing friends who encourage me and amazing friends who can relate from past experiences of their own.  They have helped me to focus on the future when I can look back and say, I remember when, but look at me now.  I know "Out of these ashes... beauty will rise// and we will dance among the ruins// We will see Him with our own eyes// Out of these ashes... beauty will rise// For we know, joy is coming in the morning..."

May you be able to pick yourself up, surround yourself with positive people and fight the good fight.
The Armor of God
 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people. 19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.  Ephesians 6

Comments

  1. not so easy my friend.... mostly when it's dealing with your neighbour sometimes i love being all alone where ppl arent around....on an island, only worshipping god but you can only do this in the wilderness...mightsound funny what im saying but i feel nobody loves me...write back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Grace,

    God did not promise it would be easy, but he promised it would be worth it! And I agree with being alone! One of the best trips I've ever had was a weekend getaway by myself with my bible and lots of books! I highly recommend time with just you and God, but I also think it's important to surround yourself with other believers to fight the good faith with you! God Loves you and that the most important relationship to consider

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal