Leaving God Behind

"But he said to her, You speak as one of the impious and foolish women would speak. What? Shall we accept [only] good at the hand of God and shall we not accept [also] misfortune and what is of a bad nature? In [spite of] all this, Job did not sin with his lips." Job 2:10 Amplified Bible

We all know the image of the Footprints poem.  About the man going through a rough time and getting angry at God for not being there for him.  And during those times of struggle God was actually carrying him.

For months I've been in a storm from family stuff, work, and other personal relationships.  As I've prayed and journaled to the Lord about all of my stresses I began to feel more distant because of what I perceived as His  silence. I've felt hurt and agitated, as I would be with any one I went to with problems and felt they were indifferent to my woes.  But what if He can't always keep up?

I know He never stopped caring about my problems. But what if I had just become so consumed with stress that I didn’t realize that I’d left Him behind? In just a short time, I seem to have outpaced my Maker, the distance between us filled with only my own neglect.

Sometimes, as we struggle to navigate the chaos of life, we forget that God wants us to walk with Him. He still carries us through the tough times but we’d do well to remember to stay close by His side because He died to hear every word.

 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.  Psalm 23:4 Amplified Bible

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal