Wacky Wednesday

Ok, so I am sure you are asking why is Wednesday Wacky?  Because after the porch, I usually go out with friends from church, it's a late night and Wednesday I am all wacky because I am so tired :)  BUT it's ALL worth it!!

So The Porch last night was AMAZING.  JP has started a new series to challenge the young adults of Dallas to "be different".  (Romans 12:1-2 1Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. 2Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.) It really goes hand in hand with what Addison Road talked about last week and JP just took off with it.  Too often we conform to what is around us, the cars people drive, the clothes people wear, hair, house, income, etc.. But that stuff isn't important.  What we have here in Dallas, TX, here on this earth is SO temporary compared to eternity.  Where are you going to spend that eternity?  In heaven?  Or in Hell?  Each generation has gotten worse at our "Pursuit of Happiness".  We are selfish.. but we are supposed to be holy and pursue holiness.

So as I said in my last entry, I got to share my amazing night at The Porch with my boyfriend's best friend, Jace.  That was truly one of the best parts of the night.  I got a chance to really talk to Jace and to learn more about him and to ask him questions.. to fellowship with him.  He has changed so much in the last few months all because of Jesus Christ.  It was such a joy to talk with him, and hear how God has changed his life and his perspective.  Plus, all my friends liked meeting Jace.  A group of us went out after to eat at Chilis and had a really good time.  Although it was Jace's first time at The Porch, I don't think it's going to be his last, WHOOP!

Still waiting to hear about tonight.. Either I am meeting up with one of my football buddies before he goes back home for most of the off season, or I am going to dinner with one of my best friends.  :) 

Until next time, have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal