A Week In Review

What a week!

Last weekend my mom came to visit me in Dallas (one week at my new apartment).  So after a crazy week, last week, I was sure this week would slow down, WRONG :)

Monday was filled with meetings and a late night at work, and then coming home and trying to make my apartment a home..

Tuesday, meetings that day, and a schedule full of errands!  But it ended with a bang!  The Porch at Watermark church started back up on Tuesday!  http://www.theporchdallas.com/ It's a place for young adults in Dallas to meet, worship and hear sermons on the things that we struggle with day-to-day.  JP is great and really understands how to reach young adults, believers and non believers alike.  But this past week had an added treat, the band, Addison Road played for us. They were AWESOME!!  But what I enjoyed most was their message.  Jenny (http://www.jennysimmons.com/) a Dallasite herself had some insight into our selfish, jealous, egos that we, Dallas residents, display for all to see.  Now, let me be clear, I love Dallas.  And I have wanted to live here for as long as I can remember... But I agree with everything Jenny said.  We are so consumed with how we look and what we wear, WHO we wear, and we aren't paying enough attention to the things that matter. I mean have you seen Haiti, before the earthquakes? They were already impoverished, and now we have orphans sleeping next to their parents corpse because they are homeless and don't know where to go. 

I'm not a typical Dallas resident. I live paycheck to paycheck and struggle to make ends meet, by I had to look at myself Tuesday night and ask how bad did I really think I had it?  I have a roof over my head, a bed to lay my head at night, and family and friends that love me.   And yet, I find myself looking at Lexus and Range Rovers all around town and wanting to drive one of those instead of my Mazda 6.. Really Lynne?   Get over yourself.   I think the root of my envy eye comes from fear. It's a fear of being worse off then I am, "But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me" (Psalm 13:5-6).  

And yes, while I will still admit I'd rather not live paycheck to paycheck, I have a peace knowing that God is in control and he will place me where he wants and he will give me the financial means to make ends meet, HE will provide.  

Wednesday was another long day, followed by a trip to the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Store off 75 to fight the masses and get some groceries. All I wanted to do was come home, have a glass of wine and watch a movie with Sadie (my 8 pound Malti-peek-a-poo) Then, I remembered I had to get a pair of sunglasses to a Cowboy player.  He was leaving the next day for Vegas so I had to get them to him that night.  I ended up driving out to his house in Irving to drop them off, then drive back to uptown Dallas.. By the time I got home, I went straight to bed.

Then came Thursday... Oh Thursday... I know God must have a sense of humor and had to have been laughing at me Thursday morning.  I jumped in the shower, let sweet little Sadie out to go potty, and started a load of wash... Then I started getting ready for work and had my hair in rollers trying to blow dry it..  Within minutes there was a knock at my door and Sadie was going crazy.  As I ran to the front door, I hit water in my living room!

[Background/ side bar
Week before last my drainage hose from my washer popped out of the wall and leaked into the hallway! My first week in my apartment!  My friend, Dave, was so helpful and nice and he came over and helped me pick out a new longer hose to fit so it wouldn't pop out.. I did three loads of wash with it. And that's where my new story picks up..]

It was the maintenance guy at my front door telling me that my washer was leaking!  Turns out the hose popped right off of the bottom of the washer this time!  Thankfully, my new apartment has amazing maintenance on staff.  They had wet vacs, mops, and dryers in NO time! Even brought in a dehumidifier to suck out any moisture that they couldn't get to. And they say there is no permanent damage!  That makes my room mate very happy. And me too.  :)

And finally the weekend!! Well not until I got through the work week..   I expected this weekend to be a low key, relaxing, movie watching weekend, but there were still a lot of errands to run... I still got my down time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sunday I woke up bright and early, left Dallas to get to Flower Mound for church! I can not say enough good things about my church, the heart of the people there, and the spirit of the pastor, Matt Chandler.  (http://fm.thevillagechurch.net/) If you are looking for a home church, try them out!  On Tuesdays a podcast of the sermon is online too, so check it out.   Sunday night I went to bible study and really took some time to unwind with the girls.   I love my Bible Study girls and I am really excited to continue to grow with them.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal