Just Breath...

 

It has been one of those weeks.. You know what I am talking about?  The long, can't wait til the weekend week, where hardly anything goes the way you expect it to and then it ends with a cold front and rain!  haha sounds about right!  But you know what?  I also have a lot to be thankful for in this crazy week.
First, let me tell you about Wednesday night... Weds was the start to my long days.. It was a busy day at work and I went to go vent with my best friend and that didn't go so well.  You see my best friend is not a believer in Christianity.  So when I bring anything up having to do with the gospel it doesn't go so well.  (But I love her to death and will continue to pray for her everyday).  So after our dinner, I decided to go spend some time in the bible.  I did that, read my chapters for my bible study, took some time to journal and prayed.  Then, I had a glass a wine, started to read my "fun" book and calmed down. I WAS READY FOR BED BY 10:15!!!  Oh but not so fast...

[Sidebar: For those of you who know me, you know I have an amazing group of friends from college.  During our days at A&M we were inseparable!!  I remember my first night with David, Matt, and Travis, Amber, Amy and Chelsea.  From that night on we were best friends. Five years now.  They are all like my extended family, my brothers and sisters that I can go to for anything.  When I first got my job in Dallas, I had no where to go and Matt let me stay in the extra room in his home until I could find a permanent spot.  The search was long because everything is expensive, and I'm frugal.  But David was looking for a place too so we decided to be room mates!  Only thing is, David has not moved all of his stuff, so he has not stayed at the house one night since we moved in 3 weeks ago... But Weds he at least came home after the STARS game.]

So David came home as I was getting ready to turn off the light and go to bed.  He came in laid on top of my covers (with his feet hanging off the end since he still had his shoes on) and decided he wanted to talk.  I have to say it was a blast!  David and I caught up, solved the worlds problems and had plenty of laughs.  I am so lucky to have a best friend and a room mate like David.  Even if he kept me up for 4 hours and made me miss my work out the next morning.  It was worth it for quality time with an old friend :)

                                                                      Me and my roomie: 

Needless to say if left me dragging on Thursday with another busy busy day.  Something on Thursday's to do list?  Get Tashard Choice to sign a picture for his eye surgeon and my boss, Dr. Harvey Carter . Yes, that's right, my boss did TC's eye surgery along with tons of other Cowboy players and staff.  In fact, he is the OFFICIAL EYE SURGEON of the Dallas Cowboys.  And let me tell you, Tashard is a stand up guy.  Not only did the guy that does his marketing bring a poster sized matted picture for him to sign for Dr. Carter, he also signed one for me!  AND he signed a football for my brother and sister's charity for their silent auction.  If you haven't heard about the Halo Society, please check them out!  They help abused and neglected foster children in Tarrant County.  They have one fundraiser a year and this year's is March 6th, sign up to go!  Thank you Tashard and Ray Salinas for all your help on Thursday!!

Well it's the weekend!  I have to go to a STARS game tonight for work, but I am really looking forward to relaxing, spending time with friends, and of course CHURCH on Sunday!!!  Yay!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal