Loving God

A girl in my Bible study painted an incredible picture of faith last night during study.  She said faith is like standing at the top of a 10 meter diving board and looking down at a waterless pool.  God says "jump and trust that I will fill the pool with water before you get there."

Would you jump? To be honest, I don't think I would.  I get scared jumping from the 10 meter when there is water below me!  And asking me to jump with no water?!?!  I just don't think I could do it.

That fact, that feeling is hard for me to deal with/swallow, because I know I've trusted God in the past and He has been faithful.  But have I really said, "ok God I trust you COMPLETELY.  Where you lead I will follow"? No, I haven't.  You know why?  Because I'm afraid of where He'll send me.  What if He says "Go to Haiti and be a missionary", "quit your job and go work with the homeless"?  The truth is I trust God just enough to follow His path as long as I like how it aligns with my plan, and that's not really faith or loving God at all...

"When you are truly in love, you go to great lengths to be with the one you love.  You'll drive for hours to be together, even if it's only for a short while.  You don't mind staying up late to talk.  Walking in the rain is romantic, not annoying.  You'll willingly spend a small fortune on the one you're crazy about.  When you are apart from each other, it's painful, even miserable.  He or she is all you think about; you jump at any chance to be together." Crazy Love p.100

How many of you have acted that way for a boyfriend or girlfriend?  I know I have.. But I've never done that for God.  I mean, I've complained after 15 minutes of quiet time/devotion because I was "in a hurry".

Last night I prayed to really see the areas I need to slow down in my life so I can focus more on God and my relationship with Him.  I really asked Him to change my heart because I can't do it on my own.  I long to genuinely enjoy Him, to celebrate 15 minutes with him, and set aside more time for Him.  The fact is, I need God to help me love God (:


LOOK BACK AND THANK GOD - LOOK FORWARD AND TRUST GOD, LOOK AROUND AND SERVE GOD, LOOK WITHIN AND FIND GOD.  May you continue to feel God's presence, God's guidance, protection, and His BLESSINGS ALWAYS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal