Friendship

Thanks to a friend, I read this fabulous article about trimming people out of your life that aren't really "friends".  I told her how much I absolutely loved it because there comes a time in life when you have to let go of all the pointless drama and the people who create it and surround yourself with people who make you laugh so hard that you forget the bad and focus solely on the good.  After all, life is too short to be anything but happy.

Recently, I did a lot of what this article calls "trimming the friend fat" and I can say I have never been happier (in Houston at least) then what I am right now.  I still have a ways to go, but I'm beginning to find 'me'.  Let me share part of a letter my best friend, Chelsea, sent to me:

"I just wanted to let you know that you are an amazing person. I am so happy to have found a friend like you. You have one of the most generous, non-judgmental hearts of anyone I have ever met and that truly endears people to you quicker than anyone I have ever known.... If a genie found me today and offered me 3 wish's, anything in the world, any amount of money, property, or power I wouldn't want any of it. The only thing I would want would be something that he couldn't give me. I would wish for your happiness, for the ability to take away the pain and suffering that is stopping you from being the amazing wonderful light radiating person that I know you can be...I love you, I worry about you, and I think it's time to rip off the band-aid and heal the sore underneath. Because just trying to hold it together isn't working anymore. You need to heal."

There was a lot more to that letter, but let me just say that is ONE AMAZING FRIEND to write everything she did.  I'm blessed beyond belief to have a friend that loves me like her other half.  And it gets better!

Saturday night I had a church event at my house.  And afterward, went to another one of my best friend's house (Amber).  I get there and she says she has a surprise for me!  She lied- she had A LOT of surprises for me.  She and Chelsea plotted together and Chelsea drove in to surprise me!!!

They then had gifts: roses, Champagne, Chelsea's sweet puppy, and cupcakes!!

I have two of the BEST friends a girl could ask for!

These are the types of friends people should surround themselves with and keep close.  These are the friendships you should fight to keep; these are the ones that really matter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal