I have found the one whom my soul longs for..

I know it's been a while again...  My life has been amazing but also a whirlwind and I just haven't set aside the time to write.  But today, today I am inspired!

If you've read my previous posts, you've heard me talk about this mythical creature that seems to rarely exist in our society nowadays.  It's called a gentleman.  Wow, what is that you say?  Believe it or not, they actually exist!  In honor of this post, I saw this picture on pinterest and had to include it.

Debonair used to be sexy and now idiots are paid for reality shows

But ladies, guess what?  They do exist!!  I've seen other friends with them and just thought all the good ones were taken, but no.  At 28, I can finally say I've found him!  You know that saying? "Every woman deserves a man who calls her baby, kisses her like he means it, holds her like he never wants to let her go, doesn't cheat or lie.  Wipes her tears when she cries, doesn't make her jealous of other women, instead makes other women jealous of her, is not scared to let his friends know how he really feels about her, and lets her know how much he really loves her."  That's my boyfriend!  

Of course, I brag at all the sweet things he does for me and my girl friends are always asking if he can teach lessons to their husbands and boyfriends.  My friends are always like "I'm so jealous but I am so happy for you".  

He makes me a better person..  He holds me accountable..  He never stops trying to show me how much I mean to him.  I believe Frank Sinatra said it best, "I may sound old-fashioned, but I want to think all women should be treated like I want my wife, daughters, and granddaughters to be treated. I notice today that good manners—like standing up when a woman enters the room, helping a woman with her coat, letting her enter an elevator first, taking her arm to cross the street—are sometimes considered unnecessary or a throwback. These are habits I could never break, nor would I want to. I realize today a lot more women are taking care of themselves than in the past, but no woman is offended by politeness." THAT is my boyfriend.  He treats me like he would want a man to treat his mother and believes EVERY woman should be treated that same way.  He opens my door, opens the door for others, helps me across the street in heels and helps others too.  When I meet him some where, he and his friends stand up to greet me.

And to think I pushed him away at first.. To think I said "this isn't a good time" and I thought he deserved better.  Then I realized being afraid of happiness is complete nonsense.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal