The "why" of life

 Joyce Meyer had a good sermon the other day about “why”.  WHY -  is there child sexual abuse? a young woman at 25 who passes away unexpectedly? a child is born disabled?  What Joyce says is we are not able to answer those questions – only God knows.  But Joyce says what she does know is that God gives us grace and strength to go through these situations.   

Well here's another one.  Why does a 27 year old man die one week after taking his bar exam; 3 months after graduating law school and why did his girl friend, one of my best friends, have to be the one that found him?  I don't know the answer to any of those questions and I won't know on this side of heaven- I'm sure of it.  But I know God has a purpose and a plan and I know that He is going to heal my girl friend through this difficult time.  And I'm writing this to ask you to join me faithfully in prayer for healing and comfort for my friend, Michelle, and for Ryan's family.  Thank you!

“For men are not cast off by the Lord forever. Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.” (Lamentations 3:31-32 NIV)

My friend Michelle and her boyfriend Ryan both grew up with me in The Woodlands and we were all in the same grade.  About 3 years ago, Michelle and Ryan started dating.. Two years ago this November, they had a sweet baby boy named Jameson (that we call J for short).  The first weekend of August, Michelle was supposed to come out with me, but because Ryan was sick and her parents were out of town, she had no one to watch lil J.  Saturday morning I texted her to tell her a group of us was meeting at 4 before heading to White Linen Night.  She said Ryan was still sick and didn't know if she'd be able to make it... Three hours later she asked me to pray for her..

Michelle went over to Ryan's house after not hearing from him all day to find him dead in his bed.  She had been over there Saturday morning and left around 7:30 or 8.. It was the last time she heard from him.. She went back over around 2.. She said he was pale and cold, so he had been gone a while and despite that she started chest compressions.. Michelle is understandably beside herself right now and I think the hardest part for her is lil J growing up with out knowing his dad.  Ryan had just graduated law school in May, and took his bar exam the previous week.  After a congrats dinner last Saturday with friends, Ryan woke up feeling sick on Sunday, and it got worse as the week went on.  Wednesday he went to the doctor and again on Friday.  He had been prescribed a Z pack...

I spent the following day at Ryan's mom's house with his mom, step-dad, dad, sister, sister's boyfriend, Michelle, Jameson and our other friend Sabih..  It's been a really tough time for all of them. The autopsy results came back as inconclusive so they are left with a lot of questions still.

Thank you so much for praying.. and if you have any advice or scripture to pass on, I'd appreciate that as well.  Be blessed!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal