Great People that make you Smile

Faith is not about everything turning out OK; Faith is about being OK no matter how things turn out.

It's no secret to those who know me that I am going through a rough patch right now.. But it's interesting when I take a step back and I'm able to see things differently, I realize that the people AROUND me are a big factor.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed

When I was in Dallas last weekend I had a GREAT time with my girlfriend Audra and her fiancΓ© Bryan.  They are both just so positive and encouraging.  Then that Saturday, I had the pleasure of hanging out with some of my girlfriends I've known since I was 15 or so at my girl friend, Jordan's wedding.  You could tell that everyone there was really into the bride and groom and not just there, you know what I mean?

Then, this past Thursday I got to spend some quality time with my Christian sister, Melissa!  It was so great to be encouraged by a young woman with so many great things going on in her life!  I think the most encouraging part is being reminded that not all good things come easy and sometimes a LOT of prayer is needed. 

And probably the best night was Friday!!  My boyfriend and I went over to my friends' house,  Erin and Travis.  I've known them for a while and they are now married and have two precious boys!  Erin made an amazing chicken tortilla soup with a buffet of garnishes and we all just had great fellowship among each other.  Erin and Travis are God loving, God honoring, Christian people and they listened when I needed it, offered up prayer, and they were just there for me.  Best thing about Friday is that I realized they only live 1.6 miles away so I can go and bug Erin whenever I need prayer or a pick me up (:  Yay!!

I'm not 100%, but I'm getting there and taking refuge in Romans 8:28

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal