at a loss..



First, I'd like to say how much respect I have for Sandra Bullock.  I was so happy for her Oscar win and her acceptance speech showed so much class, especially to the amazing group of women she shared the nomination with.  What an awesome woman!

She said, “Not enough time, so I would like to thank what this film is about for me which are the moms that take care of the babies and the children no matter where they come from. Those moms and parents never get thanked. I, in particular, failed to thank one. So… if I can take this moment to thank Helga B. for not letting me ride in cars with boys until I was 18 because she was right. I would’ve done what she said I was gonna do. For making me practice every day when I got home. Piano, ballet, whatever it is I wanted to be. She said to be an artist, you had to practice every day, and for reminding her daughters that there’s no race, no religion, no class system, no color, nothing, no sexual orientation that makes us better than anyone else. We are all deserving of love. So, to that trailblazer, who allowed me to have that. (pointing to her husband) And this.”

________________________________

"A little pain not can prevent a lifetime of pain later."

When was the last time you made a decision that you didn't want to make, but you knew it was the right decision?  And you knew despite how much it hurt at the time, had you NOT made the decision, it would have caused more pain in the end?  Or maybe you didn't even get to make the decision, but you understood that your best interest was at the heart of the decision?

Every ending brings with it a new beginning.  You know the old saying, "when God closes one door, he opens a window".  Instead of worrying about what you have been through, focus on the fact that you made it through.  Just because a setback or disappointment happened, that does not mean it must keep happening.  Whatever it is, let it go today so it can no longer hinder you.  Be thankful that we are able to leave the past in the past.  Choose to give the past perspective, but not power.  The power belongs in the hope of the future.  

 Disappointment is real and we are all entitled to go through a process of recovery.  However, I challenge you to take a moment to reflect upon what you have actually lost.  You can be sad, and show emotion, but don't let that sadness consume you.  

So now what?  Well, for me, I do what I should have done after my last college boyfriend and I broke up.. And when I didn't do it then, I should have done it when the first bad relationship ended and again when the second bad relationship ended.  So NOW, now I am going to do it.  I am going to focus all my attention on God.  On making sure he is the most important man in my life.  I'm going to  keep moving forward- obey Him, follow Him.

"A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man must seek Him in order to find her."

It is one of my favorite quotes, and it is so true.  Galatians 1:10- "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ."  I'm going to concentrate more about pleasing Christ, than worrying about pleasing men.  

He never called us to an easy life, just to a life yielded to Him.  And in that yielding and stepping out in faith, He promise to be there and to be all sufficient.


 

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal