ENGAGED

I can't believe it has taken me so long to write about the happiest day of my life (to date).  I got engaged to an amazing Godly man! 




Ask any one who knows me and they'll tell you am passionate.  Two things I'm passionate about are my faith, and Texas A&M.  Cale combined the two of them into the best proposal I could have ever asked for!
Well, I thought Cale and I went up to A&M for the weekend to celebrate with two of our friends for their birthday and to go to eat for our 5 month anniversary (for the record, Cale has celebrated every month anniversary).  So we packed up and left Houston Saturday morning for College Station.  Lucky for him, I accidentally played into his plan because I told him earlier that week I wanted to make sure I spent time with my girl friend, Shaye, for her birthday.  I called Shaye Thursday night to see what her plan was for the weekend and she said she just wanted to be lazy Saturday so we went up there and I had no makeup on...
Cale went to "run an errand" to get his friend, Colby, a little something for his birthday.. As Shaye and I were watching a movie and having some girl time, the doorbell rang.  Shaye answered and I heard this voice ask, "Is Lynne here?".  I got up to see a guy I've never met before.  He had a dress of mine, leggings, and a letter from Cale that told me to get ready, put that dress on, and be ready by 3pm sharp because a limo was going to pick me up.  *I knew here what was happening..
The limo came right at 3pm and Shaye told me that people were getting out of it.  Two of Cale's friends, Ryan, and Ben (the guy who dropped off my dress & leggings) showed up with the limo and gave me another letter from Cale.  This note was simple, referenced the fruits of the Spirit, and said he was forever mine.
Limo stop 1:  The first place the limo stopped was Cafe Eccell, the place of our first REAL date.  There to meet me were 3 of Cale's friends.  Natalie read another letter from Cale.  And then Natalie, Bryan, and Johnna read me a bible verse that correlated to the fruit of the spirit they gave me.  Each handed me a card with either "Self-Control", "Gentleness", and "Faithfulness" after they read their Bible verse.
Stop 2: The next stop took me to 'the ring'.  It's a giant replica of the Aggie Ring outside the Association of Former Students.  There waiting for me was my friend Amber and her husband, Shawn, and Cale's friends Nathan and Colby.  Colby read another letter from Cale.  Then each of them presented me with "Goodness", "Kindness", and "Patience" printed on a card after reading the Bible verse Cale picked out for them that correlated with their fruit of the Spirit.
Stop 3: The Century Tree.  Now, a lot of Aggies propose under this tree but I knew Cale wouldn't be there.  Instead, my friend Amber Gillespie was there.  Cale's friend, Ryan joined her as they presented me with "Peace" and "Joy".  Ryan read another letter from Cale, and both read a Bible verse to compliment their fruit of the Spirit.
And the fourth and final stop: Kyle Field!! Waiting for me at Kyle Field were Cale's brother and his wife (Will and Allison), and my sister and her husband and my niece (Bridget & Bric, and Brynleigh).  They presented me with "LOVE".  There was another letter from Cale and each couple had a Bible verse for me.  (this stop is where I cried the most because I love both of these couples for different reasons and I know Cale and I will learn so much from them).  Will and Bric walked me out to the South End of Kyle Field under the bleachers and the rest was up to me.  
Cale proposing

I walked out to the 50 yard line where Cale had a whole set up for me.  There was a trunk and on top of it was Cale's bible, opened to Galatians 5:22 (where it talks about the Fruit of the Spirit); a sign that said "I love you to the Moon and Back"; and a seventh letter telling me to opened the trunk.
When I opened the trunk there was every letter Cale had ever written me including when we were friends; every cork from any bottle of wine we ever opened; "Our Adventure Book", a replica of Ellie's 'my Adventure Book' from the movie Up; and the final letter from Cale telling me when I was ready to take a deep breath and turn around.
I stood up and turned around to see Cale walking towards me.  Once he got to the 50 yard line we hugged and he asked me to sit down on the trunk.  He proceeded to take off my shoes and he washed my feet.  During so, he talked about the significance of feet washing in the Bible and why Jesus humbled himself to wash the feet of those He loved.  When he was finished, and on bended knee he asked me to spend the rest of my life with him.

I said YES!!

Some of the Guys who helped make that day special :)


Photos of the proposal


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal