Blessings in 2012

If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.”  --John 14:7

Last year, I made a New Year's resolution that I was going to spend more time with God.  In 2010 my spiritual grade was around a D; and this past year, I can honestly say it was more of an A or a B. (See my post last year to know what I mean by my spiritual grade).  But that grade didn't come easy...

Last year I moved to Houston, started a new job, and left a lot of things that I loved in Dallas because I was being obedient to God's calling for me to move to Houston and be here for my family.  With in a month of moving to Houston, my grandmother passed away, and I moved into a new house with a new room mate (I was living with my parents when I first moved here).  Then the hits kept coming... a bad relationship, my aunt died, my friend and father to my best friend's baby died, another aunt died, we had lay-offs at work, lost some friendships, and I moved again because my previous living situation just wasn't working..  For a while in all that I struggled with why God would allow me to have so much suffering after I obeyed Him.


Then, I realized I was being tempted, just like Job, to turn my back on God.. to blame Him for all these things happening to me.  Instead, I turned to God- to thank Him for fighting along side me.  Serving God doesn't mean we'll no longer have difficulties.  We're still on the battlefield, but we don't have to fight alone.  I just had to face a lot of trials to remember that!


So this year, my New Year's Resolution is going to be to LEARN more scripture.  My boyfriend is so good with being able to spit out scripture to encourage or help a situation and although I can tell stories from scripture I can't tell you the address (book, chapter, verse) where it's located like others can.  So this year, I am going to really try to focus on the scripture I am reading and take it to memory!  And thanks to this website from The Village Church, I have a great tool!


I'm also claiming God's blessings in 2012.  Last year had so many bumps and hurdles and I just know God is going to bless this next year!  And I can't wait to see what He has in store!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Follow Me