Planting Seeds

Do you know as Christians that we are supposed to share our faith with others?  I'm sure many of you do, but do you know what that looks like?  Part of our purpose as a Christian is to expand the Kingdom of God.  That doesn't just mean witnessing to other people.  That means living a life like Christ and showing His love to those around us.  Matthew 5:16 tells us to let our light shine before men so that they may see our moral excellence and out praiseworthy, noble, and good deeds and recognize and honor and praise and glorify our Father Who is in Heaven.  They should see Christ in us.

God is not interested in saving people just to mark it off His checklist.  As you read through Luke 10, you will see that we are called first to bless other people and to live along side them so that they can see we are different.  Evangelism is about more than witnessing, it's about being a witness.

I'm a wreck.. I'm not perfect and I make a ton of mistakes all the time!  And you know what?  God is still able to use me to work in the lives of others.  I don't really understand it all the time, but we don't get to choose how God uses us.  In the last month, I've had several people thank me for helping them in different aspects of their spiritual walk.  And I say that not to my glory but to God's.  He allows me to pour into other peoples' lives just as others have poured into mine.  and in doing so, I recognize areas in my own life that I need to work on.

In the parable of the sower, seeds are dropped on the path, on rocky ground, and among thorns, and the seed was lost; but when seed fell on good earth, it grew, yielding thirty, sixty, and a hundredfold. 
  • The seeds represent the word
  • The seeds falling on the road represent those who hear the word but dismiss it straight away - then the devil comes and takes away the word from their heart, so that they may not believe and be saved.
  • The seeds falling on the rocks represent those who hear the word, but only accept it shallowly - the synoptic state that these sorts of people reject the word as soon as it causes them affliction or persecution; they believe for a while, and in time of temptation fall away.
  • The seeds falling on thorns represent those who hear the word, and take it to heart, but allow worldly concerns on their way to choke it with worries and riches and pleasures of this life and bring no fruit to maturity.
  • The seeds falling on good soil represents those who hear the word, and truly understand it, in a honest and good heart.  They hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance. 
I've had plenty of people who completely seem to disregard anything I say and that's ok because I'm going to keep loving them like Christ loves and pray that some day something I've said or done takes root and grows them to be more in love with Christ and on a more spiritual path.   I encourage you to do the same (: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11 years ago... We Will Never Forget..

Softly Call the Muster... Let Comrade answer "here"

Alexis Verzal